Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Sunni podumu(Roasted chanadal spicy gun powder)

Hai friends today i am coming with nice spicy gun powder called Sunni Podumu.We call it as sunni podumu.In my house its all time favourite powder.This goes nice with plain steamed hot rice,Like chutney and also most for hot steamed idlies.My mom used to do this powder always.I asked recipe my mom told this and tried the recipe it came out good.OK lets got o the recipe.

Ingredients:

Roasted chana dal-3 cups
Toor dal-1 cup
Coriander seeds-2 tsp
Jeera-1 tsp
Dry red chillies-10(u can use acc to ur taste)
Garlic -10 pods
Salt to taste
Hing-little pinch
Curry leaves few
Oil-1 tsp

Method:

Place the pan and heat it first dry roast the toor dal,chillies,coriander seeds,jeera ,curry leaves one by one.
Now place them all in the plate and make it cool.
After it gets cool take thm in the blender along with the  roasted chana dal,salt,hing and blend to smooth powder.
Now take the pan and heat it .To this add the oil and heat it.
When it gets heat add the garlic and fry until it is roasted well when it is fully done add the curry leaves and fry it.
Now add the garlic and curry leaves without the oil in the blended powder.
Mix it well and transfer it to the air tight jar.
Serve hot with the steamed hot rice by adding little oil.It tastes heaven.


And also serve it as take some powder and add the oil and mix it well and it comes like chutney.It goes well with the rasam rice and curd rice.I simply love it this.
I hope u all like it.

11 comments:

  1. wow, you explained it so well, I can almost taste it. I just cooked plain rice and so much craving to have this one right now, with me:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank u very much Priya.Its really taste heaven.Tell me ur address i will send dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely podi. I make a different version of this but urs look very tasty and would definitely love to have with rice and pappadam.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see the heaven on the plate.. sure rice podi and ghee omg it heaven... particularly gun powder wow I love it..urs tempted me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Classic and aromatic podi.. looks absolutely delicious.. nice clicks too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious powder..would love with rice topped with ghee..yumm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Flavorful powder..sure must have tasted yummy with rice...will try it.

    Aaha Oho

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delicious powder, bet it taste really good with rice.

    wish you and family a Merry Christmas and Happy holidays

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks delicious! I love how you posted pictures of every step. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful.Thank you for leaving such a beautiful comment in my blog

    ReplyDelete